Thursday 29 November 2012

Last week of Classes in University


When in high school I use to think that the last week of classes before exams was the easiest week ever, didn't have any work to do, all the teachers gave us time to study, and half the time you didn't even have to show up for that class. So this being the only thing I’ve known when it came to last week classes I figured it would be around the same for university. Boy was I wrong.

The last week of classes before my finals started was in fact the most stressful week ever, I had so many assignments due, along with trying to find time to study for finals, and have some sort of a social life on top of that, and not to mention finding time to sleep. With all that going on truthfully going to class was the last thing on my mind. 2 out of 3 nights of that week I pulled all nighters just trying to get my assignments finished in time so I wouldn’t lose points, and would get the best possible mark I could on it. I spent my days studying and felt like I was a hermit crab stuck in my room not seeing any of my friends. I somehow found time to get to all my classes, and still catch up on sleep. How I did this I am not sure.

Advice that I would give students coming into university thinking this last week is going to be the same as high school would be, be prepared. When people say it is a lot more work, the really are not kidding. Try to get as much of your work done BEFORE the last week of classes, this will make this week a lot less stressful when you are trying to get your studying done. My final advice would be to do your best not to pull all nighters, this will also make the week less stressful as you will not be lacking sleep, or trying to study with no sleep in your system.

No comments:

Post a Comment